Landlord/Tenant Evictions in Florida
Helping Landlords Through the Eviction Process
With the level of appreciation occurring in the Florida real estate market, many Floridians have made the decision to invest in real estate by buying a home and renting out the home to create rental income. However, problems with tenants often occur and evictions are regularly filed by landlords to retake possession of their properties.
In Florida, Chapter 83, Part II, of the Florida Statutes contains many rules and regulations governing a Landlord’s rights and responsibilities. Strict compliance with these statutes is required to prevail in an eviction action.
The general steps to an eviction are:
- The Landlord serves the Tenant with a notice to cure the default
- If the default is not cured within the given time period, the Landlord can file an eviction action
- The Tenant is served with the summons and complaint by an authorized process server
- The Tenant is given an opportunity to respond to the Complaint and must pay all past due rent into the court registry
- If the Tenant fails to respond or make a rent deposit, the Landlord is entitled to Final Judgment of Eviction
- Once an eviction judgment is entered by a Judge, the Writ of Possession is posted and the Sheriff removes the Tenant from the property
If the Landlord owns an investment property in a Corporation or LLC, a Landlord is required to hire an attorney to file an eviction action under Florida Law, however, a smart Landlord will hire an experienced attorney to prosecute the eviction and protect the Landlord’s investment.
Get a Sarasota Real Estate Litigation Attorney on Your Side
At The Edwards Law Firm, PL, we represent Landlords in eviction cases and have prosecuted thousands of eviction cases over the last 23 years. Knowing the rules can save you time and money. Sarasota residents rely on our firm because they trust our expertise, counsel, and skill.
Recognized as a Florida Super Lawyer, our lead real estate litigation attorney is more than capable of navigating the complexities of your case. If you are a Landlord struggling with Tenants, we have what it takes to defend your rights and protect your investment.
If you are a Landlord needing assistance with the eviction of a tenant, we encourage you to call us today to schedule a consultation.
“I will definitely recommend her to any of my friends or customers.”- Shelley
“The Edwards law firm recently helped me through a lengthy family real estate transaction.”- Stephen
“I would absolutely recommend Sherry and team to anyone looking for any kind of real estate help!”- Michael
Over 25 Years of Experience
Sheryl A. Edwards is a Board Certified Specialist in Real Estate Law
Achieve Client Objectives in a Timely Manner
Selected for Super Lawyers 8 Times
Personalized Attention & Case Strategy
Your Goals Always Come First