Put 20+ Years of Experience in Your Corner
Sheryl A. Edwards, Esquire, is a Board Certified real estate attorney and a member of the Florida Bar and the New York Bar. Mrs. Edwards achieves each client's objectives with extensive experience and outstanding ethics.
Mrs. Edwards believes there is no substitute for knowledge and experience when addressing the complex legal concerns surrounding real estate law or estate matters. It is with this passion for client service that has led us to be named as one of Florida's top real estate lawyers by both our clients and our colleagues.
Mrs. Edwards was recognized by the Gulf Coast Business Review as one of Sarasota County's top 40 business executives under 40 years old and was also selected as a Florida "Super Lawyer" in 2006, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, an honor awarded to a maximum of 5% of practicing attorneys statewide.
Our experience, knowledge, and passion will ensure a successful transaction, whether it's for the purchase of a first home or for a multi-million dollar beachfront estate.
Sheryl A. Edwards first attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison and obtained her Accounting degree from the University of South Florida. She then went on to earn her Juris Doctor degree from Stetson University College of Law, ranked #1 by U.S. News in advocacy and #6 in legal writing. In addition to graduating Stetson Law with honors, Mrs. Edwards was the Research Editor of the Stetson Law Review.
- Florida Bar
- New York Bar
- Middle District of Florida
- Eleventh Federal Circuit Court
- Florida Super Lawyer®
- The Lawyers of Distinction
- Real Property, Probate, and Trust section of the Florida Bar
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The John M. Scheb Inn of Court – Master Emeritus
- Former Treasurer and Board Member, Habitat for Humanity of Sarasota, Inc.
- Former Chairperson – Attorney/Realtor Committee of the Sarasota County Bar Association
- Former Chairperson – Sarasota Association of Realtors
- Former Chairperson – Twelfth Judicial Circuit Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee
- Former Board Member – Sarasota Chapter of the Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Mrs. Edwards also serves as Legal Counsel to the Sarasota County Value Adjustment Board.